What is an Android Developer?
An Android Developer is a Software Developer who specializes in designing applications for the Android marketplace. The Android marketplace is the direct competitor to Apple’s app store. This means most of an Android Developer’s job revolves around creating the apps we use on our smartphones and tablets. Android Developers can either work in-house for a large organization, or they can be employed by an App Development agency.
The role of Android Developer is a skilled, entry-level position. Employers often require a bachelor’s degree in software development or a related field, but they typically do not require work experience as an Android Developer. The next rung on the career ladder would be Senior Android Developer, which involves taking on leadership and mentorship roles. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, demand for Software Developers, which includes Android Developers, is expected to rise a whopping 17 percent through 2024.
Android Developer Skills
Core Skills: Want to start your journey towards becoming an Android Developer? Here are the core skills you should start working on.
- Proficiency in C / C++
- Proficiency in MYSQL Databases
- High attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
- Proficiency in Android Studio
- Complex problem solving skills
Advanced Skills: If you’re looking to really gain an advantage in the job market, then start working on these advanced skills many employers prefer in their Android Developers to possess.
- Flexible and adaptable work style
- Ability to take ownership of one’s work
- Accountability / ability to take constructive criticism
Tools of the Trade: Android Developers use several tools to complete their duties and responsibilities. In order to get a job as an Android Developer, you’ll have to be proficient in the following.
- Development Environment software, such as Adobe ActionScript
- Object or Component oriented software, such as C# / C++
- Program testing software, such as IBM Rational PurifyPlus
- Database management software, such as Apache Flume
Designation:-Android Developer(Full Stack)
Qualification:-B.E/B.Tech/MCA/BCA/Diploma/M.Tech/Any Branch/Any Stream
Skill Set Required:-Android,WebServices,Ionic,React JS,API.
Experience:- 0 to 5 Years