Marketing executives drive profit and promote products and services through coordinated marketing campaigns
As a marketing executive, you’ll contribute to and develop integrated marketing campaigns to promote a product, service or idea. This a varied role, which includes:
- public relations
- event organisation
- product development
Many organisations have marketing departments, meaning that you can work in both the private and public sector in areas ranging from finance, retail and media to voluntary and charitable organisations.
The exact nature of your role will vary depending on the size of the organisation and sector and whether the focus is on selling a product or service, or on raising awareness of an issue that affects the public.
Marketing executives may also be known as marketing officers or coordinators.
As a marketing executive, you’ll need to:
- create awareness of and develop the brand you’re marketing
- communicate with target audiences and build and develop customer relationships
- help with marketing plans, advertising, direct marketing and campaigns
- support the marketing manager in delivering agreed activities
- source advertising opportunities and place adverts in the press or on the radio
- work closely with in-house or external creative agencies to design marketing materials such as brochures and adverts
- write and proofread marketing copy for both online and print campaigns
- produce creative content, including videos and blog posts
- run social media channels (e.g. Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn) to enhance audience engagement
- organise and attend events such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions
- source and secure sponsorship
- liaise with designers and printers and organise photo shoots
- arrange the effective distribution of marketing materials
- maintain and update customer databases
- conduct market research, for example using customer questionnaires and focus groups
- develop relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
With experience, you’ll need to:
- develop and implement a marketing strategy (often as part of a wider sales and marketing programme)
- evaluate and review marketing campaigns, advertising and SEO to make sure the correct mediums are being used and campaigns are effective
- track marketing performance and return on investment and prepare weekly or monthly reports for management
- monitor and report on competitor activity
- lead external agencies, when appropriate, to effectively manage events, press relationships, editorial requests, presentations, promotional materials and online activities
- oversee and manage the marketing budget.
What to expect
- You’ll usually be office-based, but will attend meetings with clients, partner organisations and suppliers, as well as a range of events and exhibitions. You may be expected to socialise with stakeholders and clients to build and develop relationships.
- Self-employment or freelance work is possible for experienced marketing professionals.
- Opportunities exist in most large towns and cities but are less common in rural areas.
- The work is often challenging and fast-paced as you’ll need to meet tight deadlines, juggle various projects at the same time and work with external suppliers and creative agencies.
- If you’re working for an international company, you may need to travel or work abroad.
You’ll need to have:
- communication and interpersonal skills
- customer-facing skills
- commercial awareness and business acumen
- the ability to think strategically
- copywriting and design skills in order to produce marketing materials for both print and online
- an eye for detail
- analytical skills to evaluate marketing campaigns
- drive and self-motivation
- a flexible approach to work
- the ability to work well under pressure
- teamwork and the ability to foster good working relationships
- influencing and negotiation skills
- skills in IT and social media
- numeracy skills
- foreign language ability – may be helpful if working for multinational companies.
Skill Set Required:-Microsoftoffice,social Media Marketing,Presentation Skill,Outdoor visit
Experience:- 0 to 5 Years