What is Software Testing?
Software Testing is a process of verifying a computer system/program to decide whether it meets the specified requirements and produces the desired results. As a result, you identify bugs in software product/project.
Software Testing is indispensable to provide a quality product without any bug or issue.
This list is long, so please bear with us
- Basic knowledge of Database/ SQL: Software Systems have a large amount of data in the background. This data is stored in different types of databases like Oracle, MySQL, etc. in the backend. So, there will be situations when this data needs to be validated. In that case, simple/complex SQL queries can be used to check whether proper data is stored in the backend databases.
- Basic knowledge of Linux commands: Most of the software applications like Web-Services, Databases, Application Servers are deployed on Linux machines. So it is crucial for testers to have knowledge about Linux Commands.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of a Test Management Tool: Test Management is an important aspect of Software testing. Without proper test management techniques, software testing process will fail. Test management is nothing but managing your testing related artifacts. For example – A tool like Testlink can be used for tracking all the test cases written by your team. There are other tools available that can be utilized for Test Management. So, it is important to have knowledge and working experience of such tools because they are used in most of the companies.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of any Defect Tracking tool- Defect Tracking and Defect life cycle are key aspects of software testing. It is extremely critical to managing defects properly and track them in a systematic manner. Defect tracking becomes necessary because the entire team should know about the defect including managers, developers, and testers. Several tools are used to lock defects including QC, Bugzilla, Jira etc.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of Automation tool: If you see yourself as an “Automation tester” after a couple of years working on manual testing, then you must master a tool and get in-depth, hands-on knowledge of automation tools.
Qualification:-B.E/B.Tech/MCA/BCA/Diploma/M.Tech/Any Branch/Any Stream
Skill Set Required:-Java,Python,Asp.Net,C,C#,QTP,Selenium,MySql,Firepath
Experience:- 0 to 5 Years